Saturday, August 25, 2012

Treasures

Sorry for a second post today, but I read this poem that Kristin posted on facebook and wanted to share it here as well:
One by one He took them from me, All the things I valued most, Until I was empty-handed; Every glittering toy was lost. And I walked earth's highways, grieving. In my rags and poverty. Till I heard His voice inviting, "Lift your empty hands to Me!" So I held my hands toward heaven, And He filled them with a store Of His own transcendent riches, Till they could contain no more. And at last I comprehended With my stupid mind and dull, That God COULD not pour His riches Into hands already full!
- "Treasures" by Martha Snell Nicholson

1 comment:

  1. I encountered that poem in a testimony of a woman from Burma. Her story is well worth listening to - here is the link.
    http://www.lightsource.com/ministry/precepts/poverty-and-wealth-287413.html

    ReplyDelete